This holiday season looks a little different, but we can still share joy. StarEvent festivals wouldn’t be the same without our hundreds of amazing vendors who sell a wide range of amazingly unique and creative gifts. Shop small, shop local, and support your favorite small businesses – both in-store and online – all holiday season long.
Just how much of an impact do small businesses have on our communities? The Small Business Administration reports 28 million small businesses operating in the U.S. alone. Since 1995, small businesses have generated 66% of all new jobs in the United States. That being said, here are some of our favorite small business vendors! Stay safe, and shop local!
- Edgewater Candles. Scented candles are a must this holiday season! From a wide range to choose from, Edgewater Candles are crafted with 100% soy wax from the midwest, and are completely recyclable with no additives or dyes. These candles are made locally in Evanston, IL!
- Nectar of the Vine. Do you have a wine-lover to shop for? Check outNectar of the Vine! From wine slushies, adult push-pops, and extravagant cocktails, you can find the perfect gift baskets filled with your favorite alcohol treats. All products are Gluten Free, USDA Organic, and Non-GMO. Every batch is made with love and taste tested for perfection.
- Anokhi Green Design. Anokhi Green is an online jewelry and accessories boutique inspired by a Chicago woman’s travels in India. Her necklaces are one of a kind and made with unique pendants, quality stones, and ethnic talismans from India and Southeast Asia. Pam designs bags of superior quality and workmanship. One look and you will see the attention to detail and OOAK elements. These crafted pieces are perfect for the holidays!
- Black Angel Designs. Black Angel Designs offers high quality, handcrafted wood signs and stone coasters that feature art, photos, and designs that will compliment any room! This Chicago staple has everything you could want, including custom orders. Every piece is handcrafted, and is also available on their Etsy shop as well!
- AdeOriCloset. AdeOriCloset is a black woman owned business created by Adesumbo Oggunnaike who created Afro inspired pieces with bold prints influenced from West African textiles. These fashion pieces will make you feel stylish and beautiful, while celebrating your inner beauty through fashion. This small business is right here in Chicago!
For event more local vendors, make sure to check out our virtual festival!