Vaccine Updates and what that could mean for 2021 events
After months and months of lost hope, there’s finally good news! On Monday, November 9th-Pfitzer and BioNTech announced a vaccine candidate against COVID-19 achieved success in a first analysis from a phase 3 study. The vaccine candidate was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 in participants. Click here to read the latest updates on the vaccine.
What is the future of events after COVID-19?
Many event companies are in the process of planning for their 2021 season, while this may seem too soon, it takes an average of 6 months to a year to prepare for a large scale festival or event. It is important for event companies to keep in contact with their audience and see how they are feeling about life after COVID-19. A previous survey conducted by Enigma Research in April 2020 showed that a strong majority of event goers are likely to return to events after COVID-19. The questionnaire was distributed between all 50 US States and Canada-2000 took part. Some highlights of this survey include,
- 76% of people saying they are extremely likely to return once events resume, and only 8% saying that they are unlikely to return.
- 94% claimed they “very much” or “somewhat” missed attending live events.
- Nearly half would return within one or two weeks of live events resuming. Remainder would wait longer, with 20% waiting more than 3 months.
- Event goers highly appreciate brands that support cancelled or postponed events.
- Typically, 38% of event-goers feel “very favorable” towards sponsors and brands supporting live events.
- By comparison, 58% feel the same way regarding sponsors that support cancelled or postponed events.
If 2021 events are approved to continue, safety precautions are going to be made mandatory for all StarEvent festivals. This includes sanitation kits, appropriate social distancing, and risk management plan. StarEvents has taken a COVID-19 sanitation course which has provided us all of the suitable requirements to make events safe when deemed to do so.
Take a look at our 2021 events calendar!