5 Things To Do In Chicago This December
Visiting Chicago for the Holidays or a local that wants to go out into the city and explore? Here are 5 must do things in Chicago in December that will get you in the holiday spirit this December!
- Starting off, we have the 20th anniversary of ice skating at Millennium Park! Perfect for a family friendly afternoon or date night. Make sure to reserve your tickets and time slot ahead of time! After skating don’t forget to grab some hot chocolate from the café and head over to the glowing 55-foot tree that stands in the park. More information can be found here!
- Calling all Harry Potter fans! Chicago welcomes Harry Potter: Magic at Play to Water Tower Place through December. This immersive journey will take you through Hogwarts, to experience all things Harry Potter. What better way to enjoy the holidays than with some Butterbeer. Don’t miss out: tickets are selling out fast! More information can be found here!
- Light up the Lake returns this year at Navy Pier. Experience the largest indoor light display with more than 600,000 lights and huge sculptures of your favorite holiday characters. You can also enjoy indoor ice skating or a ride on the holiday train through Santa’s house. Never been on the Centennial Wheel before? Every ticket to Light up the Lake includes a ride on the Ferris wheel. Get your ticket now! More information can be found here!
- Never had a Mensch Mule? Well now you can at 8 Crazy Nights Chicago, a Hanukkah themed bar! Located just a little south of Wrigley Field, experience a full menu of Hanukkah classics like matzo ball soup and brisket sandwiches. With such a creative drink menu featuring drinks such as, Hanukkah Harry’s Hot Chocolate, Dreidel Bomb, and Mazel Tov, you’re sure to have good time. More information can be found here!
- Finally, take a ride on the CTA holiday train! This holiday train is decked out in all things Christmas. Santa and his elves are there to greet you as well. The train is transformed into something like out of a movie, especially if you see it zooming by in the air! Check out the times and routes on the transit Chicago website. More information can be found here!
Don’t forget to check back on our blog each month for more things to do!