If you’re looking for a stand-out marketing strategy, sponsorship is the way to go. Consumers want to see the brands they support as profitable and successful, and investing in brand sponsorship for an event will show your potential customers that your business is just that. When you sponsor an event and effectively market and follow up with the attendees, you put yourself in a great position to increase your brand awareness, credibility, and sales.
There are several reasons why sponsoring an event is a brilliant way to grow your business. If you’re looking to invest in a marketing strategy that will set you apart from your competitors, here are a few of those reasons.
- Brand visibility. When you sponsor an event, your brand imaging is highly visible to the often thousands of people who attend the event, many of which may not know about your brand. It’s a great opportunity to receive more press and social media mentions before, during, and after the event. You could also get featured ads and signs as well as radio promotions, which will increase your brand’s reach.
- Community engagement. People are inclined to support brands that are invested in benefitting their communities. Sponsoring an event supporting a nonprofit that benefits the community will show your potential customers that you support causes that are meaningful to them.
- Consumer perception. Consumers will also assume your brand is profitable and successful against your competitors when you sponsor a successful event. When your audience sees that your business can sponsor a high-profile event, they will positively view your brand and assume you are as successful as your sponsee.
- Reach—and meet—your target audience. If you sponsor an event whose audience is similar to yours, you’ll position yourself front and center to your potential customers. Additionally, you are able to connect with your target audience face-to-face at the event, and you can make connections before and after in your marketing strategy. You can learn about their habits, personalities, and interests. This is a great opportunity to generate new sales leads before and during the event and to follow up with them after the event to connect further.
- Return on investment. As mentioned above, investing in sponsorship for an event will put you in the position to learn about and connect with your target audience before, during, and after the event. If you effectively market your brand and connect with the attendees at a quality event, you can potentially attract and develop new and lasting customers. You’ll also reassure your existing customers of your brand’s authority against competition and engagement with your audience. This will in turn contribute to an increase in sales, as your customers (new and old) will be attracted to your business’ success at the event.
- Business relationships. Sponsorship also gives your business a good opportunity to meet and collaborate with other non-competing companies, not only with your sponsee but also with the other companies present at the event. You’ll be able to meet with many small and large businesses that are participating, and potentially form relationships with them to collaborate in the future.
As you can see, there are several great reasons why your business should invest in the sponsorship of an event. Using a sponsorship in your marketing strategy will set you apart from your competition, and you have the opportunity to gain tons of reach, increased sales, and return on investment for your brand.
If this article piqued your interest and you’d like to become a sponsor for one of our events, reach out to us today! You can email us at [email protected] or call us at 773-665-4682.