It’s almost that time of year again, when people pull out all the stops for that special someone and love is front and center. Though this year dates and outings may look different, there’s still fun to be had and passion to ignite this Valentine’s Season! Events In Chicago This Valentine’s Day.
Settle in With A Virtual Show (or Drive-In)
With Chicago being one of the Entertainment Capitals in the Nation, it should come as no surprise that the creative community has found ways to remotely entertain Chicago residents. Virtual comedy, theater, music, and Burlesque can all be found at the touch of a button and all from the comfort of your own home! Being at home, and not in a theater, means feel free to crack open the wine bottles and bust out that box of chocolates!
- The Neofuturist Theater: Hailed by the Chicago Tribune’s theater critic as “creat[ing] the most successful online shows of the pandemic”, the Neofuturists deliver 30 digital plays in 60 minutes with “The Infinite Wrench Goes Viral”
- ChiTown Movies: If you’re like the rest of America, you’ve been watching Netflix for the majority of quarantine so why not switch up the routine with a much larger screen and head to the drive-in theater in Pilsen!
- Porchlight Music Theatre: A virtual masterclass on musical theater classics with a lineup of streaming shows that combine history with world-class performances.
- Laugh Factory & Zanies: Both clubs are closed for in-person attendance, but they’re offering tickets to stream stand-up sets from household names and up-and-coming comedians. A funny Valentine’s Day might be the perfect antidote to 2020.
For the outdoorsy, sporty couples that can’t stand to be cramped up inside all of the time, Chicago has just what you need! These cold weather sports will be sure to warm up you and your partner!
- Ice skating on the Ribbon at Maggie Daley Park: Grab a reservation to rent skates/ BYO and skate a beautiful course with unbeatable views of the park and downtown.
- Curling Upstairs at the Gwen: For just $30 you get a delicious cocktail and 45 minutes curling time atop the rooftop of the Gwen Hotel on Michigan Avenue, overlooking the beautiful city of Chicago. The outdoor curling rink is open-air, with fire pits and string lights providing warmth and atmosphere.
- Neighborhoods ice rinks: The Chicago Park District sets up ice rinks in parks across the city each winter, from Hyde Park to West Ridge.
Take a Virtual Cooking Class or Wine Tasting
Take the time this Valentine’s Season to find a new hobby with your partner and partake in two of the world’s greatest pleasures: wine and good food!
- The Chopping Block: Lincoln Square mainstay The Chopping Block is offering two virtual cook-along classes for Valentine’s Day: “Aphrodisiacs” on Valentine’s Eve, or “Brunch in Bed” the next morning.
- Uvae Wine Bar: Uvae offers curbside pick-up or delivery of a rotating selection of wines (and snacks) that you can taste at home while tuning in for an interactive Zoom presentation by one of their resident sommeliers.
- Koval Distillery: For fans of spirits, Koval offers virtual gin tastings and themed online cocktail making classes, like Prohibition Era Cocktails. Featured spirits for each class are available as packages online and include a class discount.
For more information on Events in Chicago, please visit our page here!