You don’t need to reach for your wallet to get your fill of fun in Chicago. As the winter months approach us, it might be a bit harder to find the hot spots in the city without breaking the bank. Here is a list of 10 things to do this winter for free.
- See the Zoolights at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Head to Lincoln Park Zoo to stroll through awe-inspiring light displays and outdoor animal exhibits. Perfect for families of all ages. Make sure to bundle up!
- Go Ice Skating at Maggie Daley Park. Show off your curves and swerves at Maggie Daley Park. For social distancing, Daley Park is requiring a reservation prior.
- See the RBG Exhibit . Honor the late, great Justice Ginsburg at this exploration of her life and career. The Illinois Holocaust Museum is now showing Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg through January 3rd.
- Visit the Hyde Park Art Center. The Hyde Park Art Center is a visual arts organization and the oldest alternative exhibition space in the city of Chicago. Check out various styles of arts with a buddy!
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Photography. Who doesn’t love looking at photos? Let this experience fill up your day by looking at the coolest photos in Chicago.
- Explore the Garfield Park Conservatory Gardens. Let this be your warmth this winter season! Check out the nature, virtual events, and educational classes the conservatory has to offer.
- Walk the 606. On the city’s west side, the elevated park and trail connects many of the city’s hippest neighborhoods, making it a great jumping off point to explore somewhere new. Walk, run, or bike this trail for free!
- Experience the Chicago Riverwalk. One of Chicago’s most popular and free attractions. Take a seat on the riverfront steps, or walk and explore what the riverwalk has to offer.
- Walk the Magnificent Mile. Window shop some of Chicago’s finest clothing stores. At night, Magnificent Mile will be lined with holiday lights for you to walk and explore.
- Bonus! Take a tour with a local. Nothing can beat this! Locals usually have the inside scoops and hidden gems on the best of Chicagoland.
Don’t forget, when summer comes around (and it will!), make sure to check out our full list of summer festivals!