As everyone in the festival world is ramping up for the upcoming season, StarEvents offers some great tips on how to maximize your sales this summer. Take a look!
1. One month before the festival:
- Mail postcards to your established contact list about the festivals you will be attending over the summer.
- Follow up with an email postcard which includes specific festival information, dates, times, location, etc.
- Display festival info on your website and update with new products and pictures of what you will be selling at the festival.
2. Provide festival directors information about you and your work so they can display on any promotional materials if needed.
3. When at the show, do not just sit behind your booth and wait for people to come to you. You need to draw them in by working with your product making new things or demonstrating its purpose. Make sure if you are making jewelry or anything you wear, that you are also wearing the product.
4. Have a sign-in book in your booth to build your contact list. Input new names and emails at the conclusion of every day to keep up with the load.
5. Shows are all about the booth set up. Make sure it’s visually appealing. Price your work fairly. Show different types of work at all price points to give them options at every level.
6. Always have your business card available and hand them out readily to people walking by and also put them on a table for people to grab if you are busy with other customers.
7. Interaction is key at these street festivals. Explaining the story behind your product will put a face behind a certain product they buy. Doing this makes it more likely for the customer to buy something.
8. Offer to create a piece on commission for interested parties. Let them know you are willing and able to make custom pieces.
9. After the show, follow up with leads and deliver on promises. Make new work and keep updating your style to keep a steady flow of customers.
Hope you enjoyed our tips! If there are any other tips you would be interested in us blogging about please let us know! See you this Summer!