Marketing and Media INTERN
Application Deadline: February 5, 2021
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation: Paid + College Credit Available
Length of Internship: May 2021 – August/ September 2021 (Flexible)
Do you like to write and design content and code? Are you interested in building brands and promoting events? Are you a quick learner who loves music, festivals and promotion? Then you might be the perfect candidate!
The StarEvents Marketing and Media Intern will play a vital role in the development and maintenance of our online community. The intern will create and share content that is relevant to our customer base, as well as promote and maintain the website for every festival StarEvents produces. They should have an extensive understanding on WordPress, marketing and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This position must be able to research, analyze, and implement trends and strategies in the marketing industry. Working directly under the Event Managers, this intern will learn the ins and outs of event marketing and website design.
- Develop, troubleshoot, support, maintain, and enhance our website (WordPress; HTML)
- Correct technical issues
- Manage the main StarEvents email account and respond accordingly
- Assist in managing MailChimp account, including e-newsletters
- Update website with latest Event news and additions
- Work with Graphic Designer to ensure timely production of event banners, posters, and other signage
- Monitor deadlines and creation of assorted marketing campaigns such as digital billboards, bustails, and street teams.
- Create blog posts and other social media content
- Analyze marketing data and create post-event reports and presentations
- Work with clients on personalized marketing plans
- Design and create metrics to measure effectiveness of various marketing
- Work to process event applications
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to build relationships with providers, clients, and vendors
- How to promote and brand events
- How to maintain a large scale, changing, live website
- How to troubleshoot, manage large projects, and problem solve
- How to effectively communicate messages to target audiences
- How large scale event marketing and advertising is produced
- How to analyze and assess marketing data
- Ensure proper postings and signage at events
- Take photos and videos at each event that are exciting and relevant to customer base
- Manage Instagram story at each event
- Distribute correct maps and lists to help manage set up and break down
- Assist with planning onsite setup for vendors at events
- Create and manage data collection for return on investment of various marketing
- This is a full time position from 9am-5pm Tuesday day through Friday
- Required: weekend availability to work most, if not all, events. Please check out our 2020 calendar available on starevents.com/events
- Must have moderate to advanced understanding of WordPress, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Photoshop, and Adobe Suite
- Must have some coding experience
- Extensive understanding on blogging, marketing and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Able to stand for extended periods and tolerate inclement weather
- Fluency in Spanish preferred (not required)
WHY WORK FOR STAREVENTS?
StarEvents is a scalable, creative team with decades of experience offering award-winning services. Along with our exclusive Chicago neighborhood festivals and events, we consult, manage, and produce events of all kinds for all types of clients across the country. We draw people to experiences, brands to audiences, and our clients to the most creative ideas.
Sound like the job for you? Please fill out the submission form below. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!