Event Production, Marketing and Digital Media INTERN – Summer
Application Deadline: February 11, 2022
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation: Paid + College Credit Available
Length of Internship: May 2022 – August/September 2022 (Flexible)
Do you like to write and design content? Are you interested in building brands and promoting events? Are you a quick learner who loves music, festivals, and marketing? Then you might be the perfect candidate!
The StarEvents Event Production, Marketing, and Digital Media Intern will play a vital role in the development and maintenance of our online community and brand. The intern will create and share content that is relevant to our customer base, as well as promote and maintain the website and social media for every festival StarEvents produces. They should have an understanding of WordPress, blogging, marketing, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This position must be able to research, analyze, and implement trends and strategies in the marketing industry. Working directly under the Event Managers, this intern will learn the ins and outs of event marketing, content creation, and website design.
- Manage the main StarEvents email account and respond accordingly
- Update website with latest Event news, photos, and additions
- Create blog posts
- Create and manage social media content
- Develop, troubleshoot, maintain, and enhance our website (WordPress; HTML)
- Plan and produce creative assets including video, animation, and graphic design for marketing and communication needs
- Work to process event applications
- Assist in managing MailChimp account, including e-newsletters
- Work with Graphic Designer on production of event banners, posters, and other signage
- Monitor deadlines and creation of assorted marketing campaigns such as digital billboards, bustails, and street teams.
- Analyze marketing data and create post-event reports and presentations
- Work with clients on personalized marketing plans
- Design and create metrics to measure effectiveness of various marketing
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to plan a large scale event
- How to build relationships with providers, clients, and vendors
- How to promote and brand events
- How to troubleshoot, manage large projects, and problem solve
- How to maintain a large-scale, changing, live website
- How to effectively communicate messages to target audiences
- How large scale event marketing and advertising is produced
- How to analyze and assess marketing data
- Ensure proper postings and signage at events
- Take photos and videos at each event that are exciting and relevant to customer base
- Manage Facebook & Instagram story at each event
- Distribute correct maps and lists to help manage set up and break down
- Assist with planning onsite setup for vendors at events
- Create and manage data collection for return on investment of various marketing
- This is a full time position from Tuesday through Friday
- Required: weekend availability to work most, if not all, events. Please check out our 2022 calendar available on starevents.com/events
- Must have moderate to advanced understanding of WordPress, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Photoshop, and Adobe Suite
- Some coding experience preferred
- Extensive understanding on blogging, marketing and social media platforms such as Facebook for business, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Able to stand for extended periods and tolerate inclement weather
- Preferred qualifications:
- Fluency in Spanish
- Possess your own photography and videography equipment, including but not limited to a high-quality camera, lenses, and SD cards
- Demonstrated skills in video and photo editing
- Moderate skills in graphic design
WHY WORK FOR STAREVENTS?
StarEvents is a scalable, creative team with decades of experience offering award-winning services. Along with our exclusive Chicago neighborhood festivals and events, we consult, manage, and produce events of all kinds for all types of clients across the country. We draw people to experiences, brands to audiences, and our clients to the most creative ideas.
Please fill out the submission form below. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!