EVENT MArketing INTERN
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation: Unpaid – College Credit Available
Length of Internship: Flexible, at least 9 weeks
Are you creative? Organized? Do you have a strong grasp on social media trends and a head for analytics? Do you enjoy building relationships and developing content? Then you might be the perfect candidate!
StarEvents is seeking an Intern to help develop marketing campaigns, troubleshoot, support, maintain, and enhance our website and build social media presence. This intern will work with the events team under direct supervision from the Event Manager learning the ins and outs of marketing within the event industry.
- Developing tools and methods for collecting data such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires
- Researching consumer opinions and proposing adjustments to current strategies accordingly
- Measuring consumer satisfaction with products or services
- Monitoring and managing the company’s social media platforms, adjusting outreach tactics as needed
- Maintain blog and websites
- Assist with finalizing event specifications with the direction of the client and Event Managers
- Create sponsorship contracts and invoices
- Manage the main StarEvents email account and respond accordingly
- Assist in managing MailChimp account, including e-newsletters
- Work with clients on personalized marketing plans
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to plan a marketing strategy for numerous large scale events
- How to troubleshoot and problem solve
- How to manage multiple accounts and process payments
- How to generate invoices
- How to build relationships with providers, clients, and vendors
- How to promote and brand events
- How to work with the City of Chicago
- How to follow proper procedure when planning a large scale event
- Assisting in on-site event execution, including set up and break-down
- Help to lead provider placement
- Execute and ensure event quality
- Serve as on-site event support for all vendors and sponsors
- Ensure all vendors/sponsors receive ordered materials
- Help manage staffing and check-in onsite
- This internship is a mix of office hours and festival hours. This is a full time position Tuesday through Friday
- Required: weekend availability to work most, if not all, events. Please check out our calendar available on starevents.com/events (Summer Only)
- Candidates should be enthusiastic about event planning and/or marketing
- Must have moderate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, Office and Google Drive
- Extensive understanding on blogging, marketing and social media platforms
- Fluency in Spanish preferred (not required)
WHY WORK FOR STAREVENTS?
StarEvents is a scalable, creative team with decades of experience offering award-winning services. Along with our exclusive Chicago neighborhood festivals and events, we consult, manage, and produce events of all kinds for all types of clients across the country. We draw people to experiences, brands to audiences, and our clients to the most creative ideas.
Sound like the job for you? Please fill out the submission form below. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!