EVENT ADMINISTRATIVE & MARKETING INTERN
Application Deadline: February 3, 2019
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation: Paid + College Credit Available
Length of Internship: May 2019 – August 2019
Are you a perfectionist? Do you like to do things “by the book”? Are you interested in building brands and promoting events? Then you might be the perfect candidate!
StarEvents is seeking two Event Admin & Marketing Interns that will play a vital role in the permitting and bookkeeping throughout the festival season. This intern will work to ensure that all events are properly registered through the city and work to build relationships with key stakeholders. Additionally, this position requires proficient analytical skills as well as the ability to build short and long term strategies, as well as create and share content that is relevant to our customer base, and promote every festival StarEvents produces. Working directly under the CEO’s executive assistant, these interns will learn the ins and outs of event and office management.
- Assist with planning onsite setup for vendors at events
- Manage the main StarEvents email account and respond accordingly
- Assist in the process of submitting street closures and insurance
- Work with food vendors to secure proper permits and compliance
- Manage packing for event and ensure all items are returned to office
- Help to maintain office servers and accounting binders to ensure all proper paperwork is filed
- Assist in managing MailChimp account, including e-newsletters
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to work with the City of Chicago
- How to follow proper procedure when planning a large scale event
- How to build relationships with clients and vendors
- How to manage an office
- How to promote and brand events
- How to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Work with food vendors to ensure they are properly set up and compliant with city laws
- Work with City Inspectors to ensure building, stage and health codes are met
- Ensure proper postings for events (banners/closures)
- Take photos and videos at each event that are exciting and relevant to customer base
- Distribute correct maps and lists to help manage set up and break down
- This is a part time position from 10am-5pm Wednesday through Friday
- Required: weekend availability to work all, if not most events. Please check out our 2019 calendar available on starevents.com/events
- Must have moderate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Some photoshop experience preferred
- Extensive understanding on blogging, marketing and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Able to stand for extended periods and tolerate inclement weather
- Fluency in Spanish preferred (not required)
WHY WORK FOR STAREVENTS?
StarEvents is a scalable, creative team with decades of experience offering award-winning services. Along with our exclusive Chicago neighborhood festivals and events, we consult, manage, and produce events of all kinds for all types of clients across the country. We draw people to experiences, brands to audiences, and our clients to the most creative ideas.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and availability to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for Admin & Marketing Intern” or fill out the submission form below. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!